Program Officer (Case Management)
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Pravasi Nepali Coordination Committee (PNCC) is one of the leading organizations in Nepal, promoting the rights and welfare of migrant workers for the past ten years. PNCC provides assistance and paralegal support to Nepalese migrant workers in difficult situations in destination countries under the “Safer Migration Project (SaMi), phase III”. The SaMi is a bilateral initiative of the Governments of Nepal (GoN) and Switzerland led by the Ministry of Labor Employment and Social Security and implemented by local governments. Helvetas Nepal is providing technical assistance to the project.
PNCC invites qualified and experienced Nepali individuals for the below positions.
1. Position: Program Officer (Case Management) – 1 (Kathmandu Based)
- Responsible for rescue and paralegal services to the distressed migrant workers as received by PNCC.
- Responsible for handling all the cases of distressed Nepali migrant workers and their families referred by MRCs of SaMi project districts and other sources.
- Support victimized migrant workers and members of their families in collecting evidence.
- Support to families of destitute Nepali migrant workers to provide them compensation and benefits guaranteed by the existing law of Nepal and destination countries.
- Prepare a database of all the cases referred by MRCs and maintain a proper case file, up-to-date Excel Sheet, case studies of the supported case, and registration of all the cases in the online case management system.
- Provide regular updates to MRCs, migrant workers, and members of their families.
- Responsible for data entry and updating the cases in the online database of SaMi project.
- Provide working progress reports to the supervisor/management of PNCC regularly.
- Assist project coordinator and support to effective implementation of the project.
- Minimum education qualification of Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or other related discipline with 3 years of experience in similar position.
- Understanding of the issues on foreign employment and labour migration is highly preferred.
- Well acquainted with the legal and policy frameworks governing labour migration in Nepal and major destination countries
- Understanding of the rescue and support process of migrant workers in destination countries.
- Knowledge on activities and ways of functioning of diplomatic missions, in relation to support to migrant workers, in destination countries.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills and fluency in Nepali and English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package – Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Knowledge of photo/video editing software will be an added advantage.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with the diplomat’s/mission representative and other related stakeholder in terms of providing rescue service to migrant worker and their families.
- Analytical, dynamic, smart, motivated, positive and pro-active
Service Duration for the Position: 4.5 months with possibility of extension
Application procedures: Qualified and interested individuals can send a letter of interest, updated CV with PP size photo, and contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org 3 March 2022, 5:00 PM Nepali Time. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further screening process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained.
Note: PNCC promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to women candidates and candidates from Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai, and other minority communities.